Women were used to toning their skin in the 1900s and they used homemade toners. In that time, apple cider vinegar also became more popular to tone and balance pH of the skin.
But, today it is discovered that apple cider vinegar has lots of uses also and now I will show you how you can use apple cider vinegar for your skin and face. Apple cider vinegar can soothe sunburned skin, treat acne, shrink pores, relieve insect bites, heal inflammation of the skin, etc.
Read Also: 10 Best Essential Oils for Skin Care
It is equally beneficial both for external consumption and topical uses for skin and body. Besides, apple cider vinegar is fully natural, organic, cost effective and side effect free for the skin. That’s why; the uses of ACV are increasing day by day for beauty purposes. It makes the skin supple, fresh and healthy.
The bigger benefit of apple cider vinegar for skin is it can be used both as a cleanser and a toner along with it rejuvenates the tired angry skin.
How Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits Skin
- It gets rid of toxins from your skin. When lots of toxins get accumulated in the skin, it gets infected.
- It fades away aging signs, fine lines, and wrinkles.
- It balances the pH of your skin by removing excess oil or sebum.
- It treats acne, blemishes, and pimples. Apple cider vinegar has malic acid that makes it antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral and anti-inflammatory.
- It removes dead skin cells with alpha hydroxy acids.
- It minimizes the pores by unclogging and cleansing them deeply.
- It combats yeast infections.
- It deals with eczema.
- It removes oil, dirt, makeup, and impurities from the face.
- It can clear redness, inflammation, and swelling of the skin.
Use Raw Organic Apple Cider Vinegar for Skin
For skin care, you have to use raw and organic ACV. Organic apples are used to produce raw apple cider vinegar. And raw ACV goes under two fermentation processes. During these processes, all nutrients and enzymes are preserved naturally so that they can work better. To use raw apple cider vinegar, you can make it at home or buy from the following brands. They produce raw, organic and high-quality apple cider vinegar:
- Bragg Organic Raw Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar
- Viva Naturals Organic Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar
- Dynamic Health Apple Cider Vinegar with The Mother
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Skin
Use for Yeast Infections
Pour ½ cup of apple cider vinegar in your bathtub water and then soak your whole body in it for 20 minutes. Do it several days and it will treat your yeast infections.
Use to Cleanse Your Face
Make a face mask with apple cider vinegar and use it once a week. It will keep your skin fresh, clean and smooth.
You Will Need:
- 1 teaspoon ginger kombucha
- ¼ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- ¼ teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon rose water (buy it from amazon.com)
Mix these ingredients in a small bowl and apply it on the face. Massage the skin gently in the circular motions for one minute and then rinse off your face with warm water. And pat the skin dry.
Use to Reduce Fine Lines
Apple cider vinegar is a natural astringent. Soak a washcloth in the undiluted apple cider vinegar and apply it onto the face. The acidic layer of the ACV reduces wrinkles, removes excess oil and makes the skin smoother. ACV contains beta carotene that protects your skin from further infections. This usage also restores the proper pH balance of your skin.
Use ACV as A Skin Soother
Fill your bathtub with warm water. Pour 8 ounces of apple cider vinegar in this water. Soak your body for 15 minutes. Then pat the skin dry. It will soothe and calm down your stressed, sunburned and irritated sensitive skin.
Use ACV as A Facial Toner
Mix one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with 2 cups of water. Wet a cotton ball in this mixture. Apply it onto the face. It will tighten the skin texture. The better result you will get if you wash and pat the face dry before applying this homemade toner. Apple cider vinegar is rich in alpha-hydroxy acid that shrinks the pores and also boosts up the circulation.
Use ACV to Relieve Sunburned Skin
Mix ½ cup of apple cider vinegar with 4 cups of water. Soak a washcloth in this mixture and apply it on the sun affected skin. It will instantly soothe the skin and remove blisters and sores.
First, apply a thin layer of honey on the shaved areas. Wait for 5 minutes. Then rinse, and pat the skin dry. Now wet a cotton ball in the undiluted apple cider vinegar and apply it on the razor bump areas. The anti-inflammatory properties of ACV heal the irritated skin. It’s acidic elements will soften the skin and the ingrown hairs grow out faster.
Use ACV to Heal Bruise
Soak a cotton ball or pad into undiluted apple cider vinegar and apply it on the bruises. Then follow an arnica cream or gel. This way you can reduce the pain of your bruises. Apple cider vinegar also heals the swelling of the skin.
Use ACV to Treat Bug Bites
Applying apple cider vinegar on the bug bites can release you instantly. Wet a cotton ball or pad into undiluted apple cider vinegar and apply it on the affected skin. The pH balance of the ACV speeds up the healing; acids neutralize the itching, and anti-inflammatories treat swelling.
Think, you have sensitive skin and use the apple cider vinegar like that. Gradually, increase the ACV ratio depending on your skin’s tolerance level. But, don’t use more than 1:1 of apple cider vinegar and water.
- Use only raw apple cider vinegar that contains mother of ACV that looks like cloudy stuff and sinks in the bottom of the bottle.
- If you use apple cider vinegar for the first time, don’t let it stay on your skin more than 5 minutes and then rinse off your face with warm water.
- Use ACV at night because the skin with ACV can be more sensitive to ultraviolet rays.
- You can also use it to treat your pimples on the back.
- After using apple cider vinegar, moisturize your skin with a natural moisturizer like coconut or jojoba oil. I like jojoba oil because it heals up the acne prone skin.
- You can also use ACV for weight loss, dandruff, diabetes, high blood pressure, detox drinks, etc.
It is better to not use apple cider vinegar directly on your skin because it may burn or dry out your skin if you have super sensitive skin. Do a patch test before the real use. Mix apple cider vinegar with water or other ingredients. But, ACV works better with water.
Some Quality Skin Care Products with ACV
If you don’t want to use apple cider vinegar by own at home then you can use commercial skin care products that are formulated with apple cider vinegar for some particular skin issues. See below some higher quality products with ACV:
Hello Cider ACV Acne Wipe (available on amazon.com): Made with 100% natural ingredients, infused with organic apple cider vinegar, tea tree, rose, chamomile, and geranium hydrosols. You can use it for acne, pimples, blemishes, and blackheads. It cleanses, tones, and hydrates the skin.
Restoar Organic ACV Toner (available on amazon.com): Usable and safe for all skin types. Treats oily, dry, acne and blemish prone skin. Cleanses, balances and moisturizes the skin. Removes makeup, oil, and dirt.
Freeman ACV Clay Mask + Scrub (available on amazon.com): Safe for all skin types. Tones, cleanses and exfoliates the skin. Minimizes the pores, perfect for sensitive skin.
Finally, I will tell you that apple cider vinegar is a wonderful natural ingredient to take care of your skin. But, be careful because apple cider vinegar can dry out or burn the skin as it has acidic elements. It will be better if you use it after consulting with your dermatologist. Or if any problems occur, avoid using apple cider vinegar.
If you liked the tips above then share the article with others and don’t forget to tell us how you use apple cider vinegar for your skin and face.