Before going to the list of best lip scrubs or exfoliators, first, let’s know some basic ideas about lip exfoliation or scrub.
Why You Need to Scrub Your Lips
Often our lips become dry, chapped or cracked. For that, our lips look uneven and slightly dark, and of course not looking beautiful also. Even the severe dryness can cause bleeding as lips are very thin and sensitive.
Exfoliation removes the dry, chapped, cracked or dead skin/cells of the lips. So, lips get back their plain and pretty look. Exfoliation reduces the patches, darkness or dark spots on the lips. You can also minimize the aging signs, wrinkles, or fine lines from your lips if you regularly exfoliate them.
When You Should Exfoliate Your Lips
Scrubbing the lips once a week is best, but not more than twice. The best time is at night before sleeping or in the morning. If you use toothbrush based exfoliators, you can scrub your lips in the morning. And, if you use other scrubs except for toothbrush, you can exfoliate your lips at night. After exfoliating your lips, you should use a good moisturizer on your lips.
Which Lip Scrubs Are Good
You can exfoliate your lips either with homemade scrubs or readymade ones from online shops or your departmental stores. Read “How to exfoliate lips naturally at home”. Here I discussed some natural ingredients that you can use as lip exfoliators. Honey, sugar, olive oil, baking soda, rose water, glycerin, soft bristle straight toothbrush, etc. are the most common natural scrub elements for dark lips. Homemade lip scrubs really work great.
Nowadays, readymade scrubs for dark lips are also much effective because various healthy materials (vitamin, essential oil, moisturizer, etc.) are added to them to turn your lips soft, fuller and moisturized.
The Best Lip Scrub for Dark Lips (commercial exfoliators)
I will show you below some product based lip scrubs. You can use these exfoliators either for dark or dry lips.
- Beauty Treats Lip Scrub with Wild Apple Flavor
- Peppermint Lip Scrub – by The Soap Exchange
- Sara Happ Vanilla Bean Lip Scrub-Vanilla Bean
- TREAT Jumbo Lip Scrub
- Scoubty Double Love Scrub
- Ladybug Organic & Natural Flavored Sugar Lip Scrub
- e.l.f. professional Lip Exfoliator
- Vanilla Lip Scrub – by The Soap Exchange
- Beauty Treats Lip Scrub with Vanilla Bean Flavor
- Cake Batter Lip Scrubbie by Diva Stuff
- bliss Fabulips Pout-O-Matic Lip-Perfecting System
- Lush Bubble Gum Lip Scrub
- Handmade Heroes All Natural Vegan Lip Scrub
- Beauty Treats Lip Scrub with Almond Apple Vanilla Cherry
- Essential Skin Solutions Microdermabrasion Exfoliator
- Sara happ The Lip Scrub
- Organic Lip Exfoliator
- Philosophy Kiss Me Exfoliating Lip Cream
- Fresh Lip Care Sugar Lip Polish For Women
- Diva Stuff Cinnamon & Clove Organic Scrubbie
- Fresh Sugar Lip Polish Exfoliant & Conditions
- Diva Stuff Citrus Coconut Flavored Organic Lip Scrub
- Royal Apothic Lip Scrubs, Exfoliating Perfect Lips
- Lemon Drop Martini Lip Scrubbie by Diva Stuff
- Boom Popsicle Flavor Lip Scrub, By Diva Stuff
- BeautiControl NEW Packaging Skinlogics Lip Apeel
- Etude House Kiss Ful Lip Care Lip Scrub
- Philosopy Iced Mint Lemonade Lip Polishing Scrub
Hope, you have enjoyed the above lip scrubs for dark lips. Don’t forget to moisturize your lips with rich petroleum jelly, chapstick or lip balm after exfoliating your lips if you use a homemade scrub. It is not essential to moisturize your lips if you use market-bought scrubs because most of them contain rich moisturizers and other rich elements.
That’s all about best lip scrub for dark lips. Don’t forget to share it if you like this list.