Chapped lips are never a look you want to willingly pull off. Aside from the cracking and bleeding, they can also be rather irritable which can affect you on a daily basis.
Although you may think there is no common way to stop them but there absolutely is! NO, I’m not talking about reaching for the lip balm, let’s speak about home remedies.
Read Also: How to Use Honey for Chapped Lips
Believe it or not, simple ingredients found right in your kitchen can be used to cure your nasty case of chapped lips without spending a dime. Here are the top 10; I enjoy trying on a regular basis.
Nothing can heal your chapped lips faster than a little sugar! This common household ingredient can help exfoliate your dry skin from your lips. It can also replace old skin with new and healthier skin. This helps to lower your systems of irritability and bleeding.
- First, combine 2 teaspoons of sugar with a teaspoon of honey.
- Next, apply the mixture to your lips and leave it on your lips for approximately 5 minutes.
- Be sure to rub the mixture onto your lips to help loosen any straggling dead skin.
- After washing off the mixture with warm water and feel free to apply just two times a week until your symptoms disappear.
Not only is water important to drink every day to re-energize your body and keep you alive, but it’s also great for your skin’s health. It is important that you are drinking at least 2-3 cups of water every day to help rejuvenate yourself and stay in tip top shape.
However, at the same time, it’s vital to drop the junk foods and hot temperatures that can leave you dehydrated afterward.
- Consume 8-10 glasses of water on average, every day.
- For best result, use filtered water. This will clear out any toxins and bacteria that could further damage your skin.
Just one of the many natural moisturizers you will find on Earth is honey. It tastes great and heals the body in so many ways due to its antibacterial and healing properties. Plus, it can quickly heal your chapped lips, leaving you with softer and moisturized ones.
- Pour a small amount of honey on a cotton swab and spread it across your top and bottom lips.
- Leave it on the lips for three minutes then wash it off.
- Apply on a daily basis until your condition lessens.
Aloe Vera Gel
One of the most popular ingredients in moisturizers, aloe Vera serves an important purpose in hydrating and healing dried or chapped lips. With its antibacterial healing properties, aloe Vera gel can help treat your lips in a matter of hours, although you may react to its poor taste.
In addition, it can naturally relieve pain whereas most over the counter treatments or lip balm cannot. You can also use aloe Vera to treat sunburned lips. It soothes the lip skin.
- Pour a small amount of aloe Vera gel onto a cotton swab.
- Spread it along with your upper and lower lips and repeat on a daily basis, until your lips are fully healed.
- Wash it off with warm water after a few minutes.
Not only are rose petals stunning to look at, but they also can help moisturize your chapped lips. Plus, it’s simple to use every day without needing to run to your local drug store.
- Wash 4-5 rose petals in water.
- Drop the petals in a bowl of milk and allow soaking for up to 2 hours.
- Use a rolling pin to create a paste.
- Apply the paste to your lower and upper lips and leave it until your lips are fully healed.
Another simple solution for chapped and damaged lips is using cucumbers. This is an easy and tasty way to re-moisturize your lips without the use of over-the-counter lip balms. These vegetables are mostly water, so they are naturally very moisturizing.
- Slice a cucumber into small pieces.
- Smear the cucumber on your lips.
- Let the juice soak in for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with warm water.
- You can repeat this process throughout your day as needed.
Coconut oil is a natural moisturizer. It is great for healing dry and cracked skin, no matter what the cause of it is. The fats in coconut oil do wonders to moisturize and soften lips. For the best results, use organic, raw coconut oil. You can find this at your local health food grocery store.
Coconut oil is also anti-aging. It removes the aging lines, fine lines, and wrinkles from the skin, lips, and face.
- Using your finger or a cotton swab, apply a light, even coat of coconut oil to your lips.
- Do this twice a day, once in the morning and once before you go to bed.
- Repeat this every day until you notice your symptoms disappearing.
Another great home remedy for chapped lips is castor oil. Castor oil has a number of great uses and is often used in foods, cleaning products, and medicine. It can help to heal any cracks of the skin like lips and moisturize them to prevent future damage. Buy pure castor oil from Amazon
Many women also use castor oil for their eyelashes. This oil shines and darkens the eyelash.
- In a bowl, mix one teaspoon of castor oil, one teaspoon of glycerin, and a couple drops of lemon juice.
- Put the mixture on your lips every night before you go to sleep.
- Wash it off in the morning with warm water.
- Repeat this process every day as necessary.
Glycerin is an all-natural skin moisturizer that can help to heal dry and chapped lips. It holds in moisture and softens your lips. This makes it an incredibly effective treatment for damaged lips. You can apply glycerin to your lips a few times throughout the day as needed. It keeps the skin smooth, soft and nourished.
Petroleum jelly is a common ingredient found in a lot of common lip balms. You can also find it on its own. It makes a very effective home remedy for chapped lips as it locks in moisture.
- Apply petroleum jelly to your dry lips several times throughout the day.
- Put on an extra layer right before you go to sleep.
Curing your chapped lips naturally can be a great alternative to drug store treatments. You can heal your lips and have the soft skin of your dreams. These natural solutions are not only cheaper, but they can often be found right in your very home. Did we miss any of your go-to home remedies? Let us know in the comments below.