Have you ever stared at your face in the mirror? Do the small bumps bother you?
Girls and boys are affected by this body phenomenon. Acne is very irritating to see, especially when it is on your face. It makes you feel ashamed of your face. Some people are getting bullied for it.
Read Also: 10 Best Products To Remove Acne Scars
What is Acne?
If the acne grows in your forehead, it means you have a very poor diet. You tend to eat unhealthy food and drink unhealthy beverages. If the acne grows on your nose, this means you have a poor blood circulation which can cause your acne growth. If it grows on your right cheek, this indicates that you are constantly in stress, and the best remedy is to get yourself some rest. If your acne grows on the left side of the cheek, this means you have eaten or drank something that you are allergic to. If the acne is growing on your chin, this is quite alarming because this means that you have kidney imbalance or may be just a hormonal imbalance.
This kind of context has misled people. This context is considered as a hoax. Acne does not define your lifestyle. To dermatologists, this kind of reasoning is extremely silly.
Types of Acne
Acne is the condition of having swollen spots on a person’s face. It can also be called as pimples. There are 3 kinds of acnes: Mild acne, meaning; there are few occasional pimples. Moderate acne indicated inflammation. Lastly, there is severe acne such as nodules or cyst. Yes, a pimple that has become severe may turn to a cyst. Below are some types of acne:
Acne Vulgaris- It is the common type of acne. This type of acne does not need advance treatment. You can simply maintain a regular wash and cleaning of your face to get rid of this acne.
Comedo- It is also known as basic acne lesions. This happens when dead skin and oil clog a hair follicle. There is various type of comedo and these are explained below.
- Whiteheads: These are hair follicle clogged by oil and dead skin. This hair acne is closed and bulgy on the surface. It prevents the hair follicle from opening.
- Blackheads: Like white heads, they prevent the hair follicle from opening, but they are open on the surface. Blackheads are colored black because the follicle inside reflects its color.
- Papules: These are inflamed comedones (plural of comedo).
- Pustules: These are other inflamed comedones, but there is redness around this kind of pimples.
- Nodules: These are pimples that should be treated by dermatologists. They develop inside the skin, making the skin look firm on the outside. This kind of acne is usually painful.
- Cyst: Cyst is a severe kind of acne and must only be treated by a dermatologist. This is the most painful acne compared to the others.
- Nodulocystic acne: This is a combination of nodules and cyst type of acne.
Read Also: How To Treat Acne Naturally At Home
Those are some of the different types of acne. One should be aware of the type of acne he/she has to be able to adopt the proper treatment for it.
Defining the Reason of Where the Acne Grows
Aside from having labels of the type of acne, there are also other kinds of acne. Different kinds of acnes aim to give the reason why there are acnes in such part of your face. This also aims to solve the hidden health issues you have.
Treatment from dermatologists may not be enough if hidden health problems are the culprits. Acne may heal for a period of time but grows again and again. For example, you might be depressed for any reason, and that leads to this awful phenomena. That is why it is important to become more self-aware and to be knowledgeable enough.
Listed below are the probable reasons behind acne and what it means when it grows in certain areas, like on your forehead, nose, cheeks and chin.
Forehead: Acne in the forehead is known as pomade acne. This kind of acne grows or develops because of oily or greasy skin. Another reason would be an irritation caused to the skin because of your hairstyle.
Nose: Acne around the nose is defined as Rosacea. This kind of acne develops due to your passion for drinking coffee, alcoholic beverages, and the likes.
Cheeks: There are two reasons for the growth of acne in the cheek. Men and women’s acne growth on the cheek differs on the cause that triggers such development.
- Men: Acne growth in the cheek may be caused due to excessive intake of steroids. However, sometimes, it occurs simply due to hormonal imbalance.
- Women: Hormonal imbalance commonly causes acne growth in women’s cheek. Women tend to be more acne-prone than men. However, a severe type of acne in a woman’s cheek may arise because of PCOS or polycystic ovarian syndrome. This indicates the growth of small cysts in their ovary when there is a high hormonal imbalance due to being pregnant, irregular menstruation, and may sometimes cause by insulin (if you have diabetes).
Chin: This kind of acne may be caused by wearing a chin strap. Hockey players have this kind of a pimple because of their chin strap. Some growth is caused by perioral dermatitis, commonly evident in young women. This is triggered by the use of cream or ointments on the face. If you are diagnosed with perioral dermatitis, you should stop the use of any cream or ointment.
Follow the Right Direction
Do not treat your acne lightly. Again, be self-aware. You are the one who knows your body more than any person. If you feel that your acnes are not any more normal, do not hesitate to visit a dermatology clinic and ask for a check-up. Every complex problem starts with a simple one. Do not let simple ones become complicated. It will cost you more plus may make awful effects on your pretty face. Take good care of your face.
As what the saying goes, “A beautiful face is a silent commendation.”
Some Quality Products for Acne Treatment
- Proactiv 3 Step Acne Treatment System
- Neutralyze Anti-Acne Solution
- Healthy Body Acne Pills Treatment
- Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment
- Humane Acne Wash Benzoyl Peroxide 10%
Author Bio: Sabina Simonian is the Co-founder of NootropicNation.com – a website that helps people by giving medical tips and suggestion to improve physical and mental health in daily life.