Vitamin C is well known for its beauty and skin care benefits. It regenerates the cells and enhances the complexion.
You can use vitamin C in many ways. It can be used either raw (fruits and vegetables) or any vitamin C integrated product.
Various vitamin C products are found in the market as the form of lotion, cream, moisturizer, serum, and cleanser. Vitamin C serum is favorite to all for its skin rejuvenating factors.
Today I will show you how to make homemade vitamin C serum easily for skin care.
Why the Skin Needs Vitamin C
I should extend this heading “Why is vitamin C for beauty and skin care?”
- Because few people are concerned about the beauty benefits of vitamin C rather than its health benefits.
- Vitamin C has lots of properties for the skin in both inside and outside.
- It boosts the collagen production and promotes the cells regeneration in the skin cells. Thus, it works as an anti-aging agent.
- Vitamin C exfoliates the skin by dissolving the dead skin cells.
- It protects the skin by reducing the impact of negative sun exposure.
- Vitamin C helps to heal the skin wounds and minimizes the discoloration of your face.
- Regular use of vitamin C improves the skin texture by enhancing the production of elastin.
- It tightens and brightens the skin. Thus, vitamin C helps to achieve the glowing
Availability of Vitamin C Serum
A lot of brands of vitamin C serum are available in the market to buy. You can get it from your nearest departmental stores or online.
Some best-seller vitamin C serums are:
- Radha Beauty Vitamin C Anti-aging Serum
- ArtNaturals Vitamin C Age Defying Serum
- Amara Organics Vitamin C Serum for Face
If you don’t feel comfort use a commercial product, you can make your own homemade vitamin C serum easily with some home ingredients.
It is simple to make. Just let’s see:
Preparation of Vitamin C Serum at Home
- Natural vitamin C powder
- Distilled water and vegetable glycerin
- A small mixing bowl
- A small funnel
- A dark amber/blue glass bottle
How to Make Now:
Step-1: Take the small mixing bowl and put ½ teaspoon vitamin C powder into it.
Step-2: Put 1 tablespoon distilled water in the bowl and stir to mix the powder completely. You can add some rose water instead of water if you like fragrance.
Step-3: For dry skin, add 2-4 drops of vegetable glycerin. Stir it until blend perfectly. The mixture with glycerin moisturizes the dry skin.
Congrats, your homemade vitamin C serum is ready to use.
Step-4: Now preserve your homemade vitamin C serum. Take the dark bottle and funnel. Fill the bottle with serum and preserve it in the fridge for further use. You can use it for 2-3 weeks.
Some Facts about Homemade Vitamin C Serum
- Vitamin C can be unstable when it is diluted with water.
- It may lose its properties when it contacts with air and light.
- The proper ratio of vitamin C and other elements maintain the perfect pH balance of the skin. It is hard to maintain the right ratio at home.
- Vitamin C works better if it is associated with some other ingredients. That you can get from a commercial serum.
So, the homemade vitamin C serum will not be as effective as a serum that you buy from a shop. But, you can increase the bit more effectiveness of the homemade serum.
First, solve the instability of the homemade vitamin C serum. For this, you should erase the preservation process.
Making of vitamin C serum is easy. It will take less than 5 minutes to complete the whole procedure. So, you can prepare a small amount every day and use twice or thrice daily. In this way, you can get the maximum benefit from a homemade vitamin C serum.
Maintain the exact pH balance for the skin. The natural pH of the skin is around 5.5 or 6.5. Vitamin C (L-ascorbic acid) penetrates into the skin at the pH level lower than 3.5. Most commercially produced vitamin C serums maintain the pH range 2.8 and 3.4.
It may cause irritation if the pH of your homemade serum is less than 2.5. The single way of overcome it is trial and error. Dilute with a bit more water when it causes irritation on your skin. After a few days of practice, you can become a master of making your homemade vitamin C serum in a perfect pH.
Read Also: 10 Best Products To Remove Acne Scars
For more effectiveness, you can add the desired amount of vitamin E and ferulic acid with the mixture.
That’s all about how to make homemade vitamin C serum. Don’t forget to tell me your experience. Feel free to give me any suggestion regarding this serum in the comments.